Horizon Recruitment is conducting a search for a Manager, Financial Reporting with our client with a global footprint and impressive ever-expanding operation. Reporting to the Director and supporting the Board of Directors, the Manager will have responsibility for preparing financial statements, maintenance of the organizations accounting policies, consolidations, researching unique accounting issues and ensuring that all transactions are recorded accurately.
- Oversee and prepare the consolidated monthly, quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements to support the internal and external reporting requirements
- Managing the monthly close process and general ledger accounting functions to ensure timely financial reporting including regulatory filings and variance analysis
- Provide oversight to the financial reporting requirements including regulatory filings as required, variance analysis and related reporting subsidiaries
- Manage the tracking of capital spending and the development of regular capital spending reports
- Create, update and maintain accounting policies accordance with IFRS
- Manage and oversee the audit process by liaising with auditors
- Maintenance of the accounting system and chart of accounts
- Oversee the implementation and maintenance of adequate internal controls in order to ensure accuracy and completeness of financial records and the safeguarding of assets
- Ensure the effective selection, training and performance management of staff
- Special projects and other tasks as required
- An university degree and a professional accounting designation (CPA) along with a minimum of 5 years of related experience at a management level
- Excellent leadership qualities, problem solving skills and the ability to implement continuous process improvements.
- A broad accounting background including overseeing financial reporting in a multi-company environment and accounting system administration, or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- Excellent computer skills using MS Office, ERP systems and database applications.
- Strong management and analytical skills.
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.