Horizon Recruitment has been engaged to recruit an entrepreneurially minded Manager, Financial Reporting for an impressive global gold mining company. Reporting to the Corporate Controller this role is a key member of the accounting and finance team. The role will have extensive exposure to the company’s management, leading the consolidation and audit process for the company. You will also play a key role in taking ownership of accounting policies.
The opportunity is ideal for a proactive, organized, hardworking professional who is comfortable systems and process improvements. As a Manager you have the chance to make the difference and establish best practices. The culture and atmosphere is supportive and entrepreneurial but also easy going.
Our client is headquartered in Montreal but the role will be based in Toronto with the CEO and CFO. The role will be fully remote with some travel requirements to Montreal from time to time. The company will have a physical office in Toronto where there will be opportunity to work from once established.
- Supervise quarterly and annual financial statements preparation and disclosures.
- Lead group consolidation.
- Participate in the year‐end audit and preparation of audited financial
- Supervise monthly financial statements, certain accounting entries and account reconciliations.
- Prepare technical memorandums for transactions and new accounting guidance, as needed.
- Subject matter expert on US GAAP, with a focus on providing advice and guidance on all technical accounting matters and preparation of documentation on the accounting assessment.
- Prepare and update accounting policy documents, as needed.
- Execute internal controls with respect to financial policies, processes and procedures.
- Maintain Sarbanes Oxley matrices and narratives.
- Support with statutory filings.
- Initiate, develop and maintain effective relationships with key internal business partners.
- Supervise accounts payable department.
- Performs other responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field, CPA‐Auditor required.
- 5‐7 years of accounting experience in financial and regulatory reporting, with experience in US GAAP (optional).
- Experience in a Big 4 firm or with equivalent in‐house experience.
- Experience in team management.
- Fast learner with strong organization, analytical and decision‐making skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work effectively with others at all levels and functions across the Company.
- Proven ability to work independently and as a team, join data from various sources and develop creative and innovative solutions within an entrepreneurial environment.
- Proven ability to meet challenges, goals and objectives with enthusiasm, drive, and initiative.
- Possess leadership skills and the ability to work with a team.
- Advanced skills in Excel.
- Bilingualism: fluently speaking and writing in English (French is considered as an asset).
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.