Horizon Recruitment has been engaged to identify a Finance Manager, Capital Financial Reporting for a well known educational institution located in Vancouver. This position will partner and share expertise in relation to accurate representation of capital projects (P&L and balance sheet), financial analysis, capital budgeting, auditing and other key analytical information for the purpose of enhancing management reporting and decision making;
- Support the financial reporting and audits of large- and small-scale capital projects with a current value of over $1 billion.
- Effectively engaging diverse stakeholders with accurate information, including detailed analysis and summarized recommendations to ensure funding and expenditures align to the Board of Governors approved budgets and compliance with restrictions attached to the funding where required.
- Lead in analyzing, and providing recommendations to solve complex capital financial reporting and planning issues for the organization.
- Lead a team of financial professionals through the employee life cycle, including hiring, onboarding, goal setting, performance development and mentoring, coaching to inspire their team.
- Responsible for the review and analysis of the monthly , quarterly and annual capital related financial statements and management reports, including those which require senior management and board approval.
- CPA designation (CPA, CA, CMA, CGA) is required
- Experience working in large size / complex organizations
- 8+ years of related experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Well adept in team leadership and management
- Strong skills and experience working on capital projects is an asset
- PSAS experience is considered an asset
- Good problem solving, analytical and trouble-shooting abilities
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.