Horizon Recruitment is working very closely with the Partners of a growing CPA firm to identify a Manager, Assurance to join their team as they prepare for additional growth within the firm. Located outside of the downtown core, they are looking to add an experienced Manager to their team to provide efficient and reliable accounting, assurance, tax and business support to their firm and their clients. With an increase in demand from their client base and a need for talented individuals the Partners aim to identify an individual who is motivated to build a long term career in a small to mid sized public practice firm. The Manager will work closely with the Partners and team to complete engagements with a diverse client base that includes publicly traded companies, private enterprise, not for profits and small businesses. We are looking for an individual who has a keen long-term interest in public practice with a great family atmosphere and culture.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a growing firm with great work/life balance options. If you're tired of the grind elsewhere apply today to learn more about how this firm could be right for you!
- Review and assist with compilation, review, audit and bookkeeping including completion of all paperless working papers, adjusting journal entries and financial statements in accordance with Firm’s standards, code of ethics and business conduct
- Identify issues and errors, investigate discrepancies, discuss with management or engagement partner and develop resolutions to resolve issues and errors
- Ability to handle multiple engagements at one time
- Completion of routine account analysis and bookkeeping using established procedures
- Work with accounting software and provide support to clients
- Tracking and reporting billable time in accordance with the Firm’s specifications
- Complete special projects as needed and other duties assigned
- Must have a Professional designation (CPA)
- Must have 3-5 years of recent Canadian accounting experience in public practice
- Demonstrate an understanding of audit concepts and effectively apply knowledge to client situations
- Lead the team through the entire audit process, preparing all necessary financial statements and related disclosures and reportable conditions letters, with an eye on quality, thoroughness and accuracy
- Familiarity with CaseWare, QuickBooks and tax software systems
- Critical thinking, ability to identify issues and provide solutions
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and manage multiple assignments in an organized manner
- Capacity to manage, develop, retain and mentor junior professionals
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.