Horizon Recruitment is working with an exciting client to recruit a Manager, Accounting - Acquisitions & Integration to join a high performing accounting team, headquartered in Calgary. This newly created strategic role coordinates, researches, prepares and reviews accounting and reporting deliverables associated to entities that our client is acquiring and integrating. This role is an individual contributor position with substantial cross-functional responsibilities. The ideal candidate will be a results driven accounting professional with a Big 4 CPA background and a desire to understand the business as a foundation. The team is passionate about efficiency and is hard working but also knows how to relax and have fun.
- Maintain project plan associated with acquisition and integration activities within the Finance department;
- Design and sustain processes associated with monthly close to pick-up or consolidate accurate results of entities not yet fully integrated;
- Prepare and review pro-forma financial information;
- Coordinate, prepare and review acquisition accounting actions amongst different stakeholders including the purchase price allocation upon acquisition and the amortization of fair value differences over time;
- Identify actions required to align and integrate accounting and finance policies, systems, and processes with newly acquired subsidiaries;
- Review contract and transactions for potential complex accounting implications and provide guidance on required accounting to different stakeholders;
- Research US GAAP and SEC guidance, identify alternatives and document recommended positions;
- Ensure financial reporting and disclosures related to acquisitions are in compliance with U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP), tax, securities regulation, and SOX;
- Provide support, coordination, address and respond to queries from auditors and internal reviewers.
- Accounting Designation required (CPA; CPA, CA);
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience required (public company external reporting or audit experience, desirable);
- Knowledge of accounting standards and regulatory requirements applicable to public companies (US GAAP experience, desirable);
- Application Expertise (desirable): SAP, BPC, Excel, Workiva, Blackline;
- Management and leadership skills including coaching, motivating, resilience, team building, change management, and process reviews;
- Possess a strong attention to detail and accuracy;
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders;
- Ability to set and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent verbal and written communication Skills.
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered***
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.