Horizon Recruitment is conducting a search for a season Manager, Accounting for a stable well-run organization in the government sector. Our clients services impact that lives and well being of many of the residents of Vancouver and the province of BC. This important role in the accounting group ensures that our client meets their reporting requirements and enables the senior management make better decisions in the business.
- strategic and operational planning of a portfolio, of accounting services and financial reporting for the entity.
- provide expertise and leadership in reporting, coordination of external audit, treasury, capital, property insurance/risk management, inventory control, as well as analysis and standardization of policies and practices
- lead, and participate in organizational initiatives which can relate to process redesign and business systems evaluation, and implementation.
- enable operating entities to achieve operational and strategic objectives in a manner, which ensure compliance with legislative frameworks, accounting standards, and ensures that sound internal controls are in place.
- organize goals and objectives and interpret policy directives to ensure that financial management practices meet formal audit requirements and public scrutiny.
- lead a team of 5 accounting staff reports and ensure the effective and efficient delivery of accounting services.
- recognized professional accounting designation (CPA) plus 5-7 years’ recent related experience
- minimum 3 years’ in a management position within a large organization with an emphasis on accounting processing, financial systems and reporting.
- extensive experience with complex computer systems, project planning and control.
- demonstrated leadership abilities and the ability to achieve results through others.
- demonstrated ability to plan, organize, problem-solve and prioritize work.
- strong ability to work in a time sensitive, multi-project environment.
- demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- demonstrated ability to work diplomatically and persuasively to establish and maintain effective working relationships with various stakeholders.
- demonstrated commitment to change and process management.
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
- Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.