Horizon Recruitment Inc. is currently seeking a Freight and Materials Specialist to join our client's operations team. Reporting to the Procurement Manager, you will handle all inbound raw material shipments including shipping documentation and logistics & warehousing relationships. You will manage raw material delivery to multiple manufacturing facilities ensuring materials arrive as per manufacturing requirements.
- Manage review process for all existing transportation and warehousing vendors
- Manage logistics, distribution, and warehousing relationships for a national operation with a broad variety of clients
- Expedite raw material deliveries for Bulk, rail, TL / LTL shipments
- Manage carrier information and agreements in ERP system (SAP)
- Expedite order ready dates and supplier documentation
- Liaise with purchasing and vendors to ensure constant supply of materials / finished goods at competitive rates
- Liaise and build relationships with suppliers and vendors (internal and external)
- Arrange consolidated shipments and/or warehousing as per facility requirements
- Create and review logistics and warehousing KPIs
- Post-secondary education related to Logistics, Supply Chain or International Freight Forwarding (CiTT, PLog etc)
- APICS Certification preferred
- 5 years of work experience inbound shipping at a freight forwarder, manufacturer or distribution operation.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent English skills, both written and verbal
- Basic knowledge of other large ERP systems. SAP experience is an asset
- Organized, meticulous, punctual and reliable even in stressful and deadline driven situations
- Analytical skills, problem solving abilities and creative thinking
**Only candidates who are eligible to work in Canada will be considered.**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.