On March 4th, 2019 Red Recruitment was acquired by Horizon Recruitment. Orange is the new Red! To learn more about the acquisition visit: https://www.horizonrecruit.com/calgary-acquisition and watch the video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLFHryvUyq4
Horizon Recruitment is currently seeking an experienced CPA to join our client's Regulatory Accounting team, focused on capital and derivative marketplaces. Reporting to the Manager, this newly created position will be responsible for leading, mentoring and managing a team of experienced, professional staff to proactively identify and analyze risks in Alberta’s capital market and develop regulatory solutions to address those risks.
This position will also be responsible for scheduling and prioritizing workflow, and reviewing work product, memos, and submissions to management and executive. The Team Lead will work closely with other regulators across Canada and will communicate ideas and recommendations directly to executive management.
- Providing operational direction and leadership to the team in consultation with the Manage
- Overseeing the team’s oversight and compliance activities for equities and derivatives exchanges, clearing agencies and other market infrastructure entities subject to regulation in Alberta.
- Overseeing the performance of oversight reviews of regulated entities, including conducting annual risk assessments, planning and execution of on-site examinations, conducting exit interviews with senior management, preparing reports and presenting the results of findings to executive management.
- Ensuring the department’s internal oversight framework appropriately mitigates existing and emerging market- and entity-specific risks and is appropriately harmonized with similar oversight frameworks in other Canadian jurisdictions.
- Overseeing the team including recruiting and retention, setting individual and team goals, conducting performance evaluations, managing human resource issues, and ensuring the team has proper resources to meet departmental objectives.
- Providing analysis, advice and recommendations with respect to matters involving the operations and regulation of regulated entities.
- Analyzing complex information, researching, interpreting legislation, and drafting technical and analytical reports and documents.
- Participating in various short-term and long-term projects in support of divisional, operational and strategic initiatives.
- Reporting quarterly and annually to the Director on exchange and marketplace operations, including performance against benchmarks.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A university degree in business, finance, economics or a related discipline and a CPA, CA designation.
- A minimum of ten years of experience in roles of increasing responsibility in conducting audits and examinations, including supervisory and/or management experience.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Exceptional research and analytical skills, incorporating attention to detail, and the ability to think critically and creatively.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Experience drafting memorandums to senior management.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with personnel at various levels of an organization.
- A practical and responsive approach to problem-solving and priority management.
- The proven ability to meet tight deadlines and manage multiple priorities in a changing environment.
- Working knowledge of Alberta’s capital markets with exposure to regulation, compliance, and marketplace and exchange operations is preferred.
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.