Horizon Recruitment is currently seeking an experienced Intermediate IT Procurement Specialist (contract) for one of our high profile clients in Vancouver, BC.
Reporting to the Director of Procurement, this role will be responsible for a complex portfolio for a technology focussed company. The successful candidate will oversee and manage all aspects of the supply chain as it pertains to Technology.
This includes developing sourcing strategies and contracts required to implement a category initiative. You will also initiate a complex sourcing processes with internal stakeholders and will be responsible business unit contract managers.
While a contract position to start there is potential for long term, or permanent opportunities in the future.
- Develop and implement strategies for procuring IT goods and services
- Analyze spend and find savings opportunities
- Qualify sources of supply
- Communicates, monitors, and manages compliance with sourcing strategy and/or business process.
- Seek to improve capabilities of the supply base and/or key business processes
- Negotiate with various vendors
- Facilitate projects with cross functional sourcing aspects
- Develop relationships with suppliers to increase efficiency, compliance and scheduling
- Possesses strong communication and interpersonal skills coupled with the ability to work in a team based environment and influence positive business outcomes.
- 5-10 years experience within Category Management
- IT / Technology focussed experience required
- Has a good understanding of the Operational side of the business
- Post-Secondary Degree in Commerce, Business or a related field
- Self-motivated individual who is a very strategic thinker
- Ability to perform and read spend analysis
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.