Horizon Recruitment is representing a global financial brand recruiting a highly motivated individual to join their fund operations team as an Investments Management Associate.
This position is ideal for someone with excellent analytical and communication skills who thrives in an environment that rewards individual performance and initiative. The successful candidate can look forward to a career that allows them to work both independently and in a collaborative team setting to effect meaningful change. Individuals who will excel at our client have a sense of purpose, take initiative and pursue excellence with a vigor. They flourish within a flat and entrepreneurial structure that emphasizes contribution over seniority.
Our clients fund operations team (Client Services) is focused on providing exceptional, world-class servicing to a global client base of institutional and retail investors. The team’s purpose is to leave a positive and lasting impression on clients that compels them to remain invested over the long term. New members to the team will be joining a unique and critical time. The global firm has identified Canada as a top priority and as our client is expecting significant growth.
- Overseeing the operations of third parties (transfer agent, registrar, and Know-Your-Client/Anti-Money Laundering functions) and mirroring their processes for quality assurance purposes.
- Effectively using proprietary tools and resources to own key responsibilities during dealing days of funds, such as verifying client transactions and validating client sensitive information.
- Working closely with the global operations teams and other business units, and effectively communicating relevant information.
- Proactively responding to client and stakeholder queries
- Opportunity to take on greater responsibility in managing projects to develop pragmatic improvements and innovative solutions to business processes by working closely with information technology teams.
- Undergraduate degree with a strong academic record from a top‐tier university
- 1 – 2 years of professional experience (e.g., co-op work placement, or post-graduation work) with a proven track record of success
- Prior experience in financial services is not mandatory; however, a keen interest in the investment industry is an asset
- Completion of the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) program is not mandatory, but an asset
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the maturity to articulate oneself clearly and confidently
- Strong analytical and investigative skills accompanied with the ability to think independently and critically
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a challenging (at times, unstructured) work environment
- High standards of personal integrity and ability to maintain confidential information
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.