Horizon Recruitment Inc. has an awesome opportunity for a CPA student to join a dynamic team as an Intermediate Accountant with a great company based in downtown Vancouver. Working closely with a strong finance team, this role is responsible for managing the accounts payable process and taking on additional accounting duties such as monthly reconciliations, fixed asset management, and full-cycle accounting. Additionally, you will oversee the work of an AP clerk and the AP function.
- Accounts Payable process in high volume environment
- Bank account reconciliations
- Month end journal entries
- Reconciling the General Ledger accounts
- Assist in the preparation of consolidated financial statements
- Assist external auditors as part of the year end audit
- Perform ad-hoc tasks where needed
- Working towards an accounting designation is preferred (PEP or PREP program for CPA)
- 2+ years of experience working in a fast paced, multi-channel environment in Accounts Payable or Accounting
- Excited to learn, and a desire to contribute and grow in the long term
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.