Horizon Recruitment is currently recruiting for an Intermediate Accountant, to work with our growing transportation service provider in Calgary, located across western Canada. The Intermediate Accountant will report to the controller and will be responsible for the month-end close process, full cycle accounting and will work closely with the controller to improve processes.
The ideal candidate will be working towards their CPA designation. They will be detail oriented with the desire to develop and improve processes and grow with the company.
- Responsible for month-end close process (i.e. posting and reporting of journal entries, reconcile accounts and maintain general ledgers as per the month-end schedule).
- Uses documents such as invoices, receipts, cheque stubs and computer printouts to verify, allocate and post details of business transactions to subsidiary accounts in appropriate ledgers.
- Maintain good financial records and ensure compliance as per corporate policies.
- Documents all processes, or improves current documentation, to facilitate the month-end close process.
- Collaborates with Controller to drive process improvement to ensure overall efficiency and effectiveness of the accounting team and its systems and processes.
- Acquire in-depth competency relating to the use Company’s accounting system and be a resource for the others in that regard.
- Assist with the development of other departments’ systems and processes to the extent that they interface with Accounting information requirements.
- Complete various ad hoc duties as required.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Accounting degree or commensurate experience.
- Working towards a CPA designation is considered an asset.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel, is mandatory.
- Experience in CDK is considered an asset.
- Experience in the transportation industry would be considered an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially within the team.
- Excellent organization skills with high attention to quality, detail, and accuracy.
- Able to meet priorities with strict deadlines.
- Ability to grow and change in fast paced work environment.
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment (Alberta) Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm in Finance & Accounting