Horizon Recruitment is recruiting an Intermediate Accountant for a growing professional services firm that supports a diverse group of clients, which include private and public companies. Our client services growing organizations in the mining, technology, healthcare and real estate industries. The Intermediate Accountant will support client mandates providing hands on reporting and financials preparation which will provide exceptional career enabling experience while working with a group of supportive motivated CPA's many of which from Big 4 backgrounds.
The successful candidate for the Intermediate Accountant will be motivated team member with a great attitude and an excellent work ethic to support our clients dynamic, fast paced team. A proven ability to multi-task and prioritize competing demands is a must. A great opportunity to put your mark on processes and lead improvement initiatives.
- Assist with month end, quarter end, and year end processes including bank reconciliations, AP accrual, prepaids, accounts receivable and inventory account reconciliations
- Assist in the coordination of annual audit information and supporting documents
- Review monthly bank reconciliations and assist in preparing month-end closing entries
- Prepare or review GST and PST filings, if applicable
- Provide support to bookkeepers, as needed, including mid-month and end of month payments
- Assist in the preparation of financial snapshots and budget to actual comparisons
- Assist in designing and documenting standard operating procedures for new processes
- Answer inquiries and provide advice to team members on accounts payable practices and procedures
- Assist with special projects and other duties, as assigned by management
- The ideal candidate will have at least 3-5 years experience working in a similar role. Previous experience with QuickBooks is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Effective problem solving, organizational and time management skills
- Attention to detail and organizational skills a must
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize work and manage multiple tasks as part of a team, or independently
- Comfortable and confident asking questions
- Willingness and desire to learn new skills
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered***
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain