Horizon Recruitment has been engaged to recruit an Human Resources Manager of a faced paced manufacturing and engineering company in Abbotsford. The Human Resources Manager reports the the Vice President, Operations and will be accountable for the oversight and development of all aspects of HR and Talent Management for the company including:
- Employee Relations
- Recruitment & Talent
- Compensation & Benefits
The company has 150 people over 3 locations with roughly 30% of the staff are salaried with the remainder hourly in a non-unionized environment.
- Develop and implement the Human Resource, Talent Management and People strategies aligned to the business objectives.
- Develop long term talent strategies that align to the business vision and growth
- Support and coach the management team on all people leadership matters, including business change and transformation. Forming strong relationships with the management team to be able to challenge and coach in a high performance environment.
- Be responsible for all HR development (including recruitment and selection policy/practices, discipline, grievance, mentoring, salary and conditions, contracts, training and development, talent management, succession planning, driving performance appraisals and any other HR related issues).
- Manage the recruitment process including obtaining hiring approvals, job postings, applicant screening, and maintenance of applicant records, coordination of offering process and new hire set up.
- Regularly review the company's talent management processes within the business areas, including performance/potential management, resource planning and succession planning.
- Work in partnership on projects to aid continuous improvement and implement improvement programs.
- Provide insight and recommendations on HR initiatives that can be leveraged to strengthen business results e.g. leadership/development programs.
- Working with senior managers to uncover the talent implications e.g. any significant gaps to meet long-term objectives and create a long-term workforce plan that prioritizes people-related initiatives.
- Monitor, measure and report on HR issues, opportunities and development plans and achievements within agreed formats and timescales
- Liaise with Senior Management and supervisors to understand their HR requirements and ensure they are informed of the corporate HR strategy.
- Keep up to date with BC Labor Law by researching and attending necessary events, before providing suitable interpretation to Senior Management and Supervisors
- Update the company server with timely, relevant forms, policies and procedures to ensure accessibility for employees at all times.
- To facilitate as a mediator when required to try and resolve employee grievances.
- To manage long service rewards and ensures employees are notified of qualifying rewards in a timely and accurate manner.
- Update job descriptions as required.
- Create, maintain and review company policy handbook.
- Results: ability to set and achieve personal and employee SMART goals
- Relationships: strong emotional intelligence, collaboration skills,
- Skills: Strong verbal and written communication skills, MS Windows and Office programs, and ERP systems
- Degree or diploma in Human Resources
- Minimum: Five years in a Human Resources Generalist role
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.