Our client, a growing specialty supermarket, is seeking an HR Manager that can help them achieve growth by establishing policies and procedures and also help to build their mission statement.
Please note recent experience in a Retail/Supermarket organization is Mandatory for this role
As a strategic partner working with the senior management team, the HR Manager is mandated to align business objectives with store operations and management, and develop an HR function that will impact both the employee and customer experience. The role incumbent will serve as a consultant to the management team on Human Resources related items, he/she will proactively communicate with operations and management to identify needs and resources, work with the leadership team to strengthen the employer brand and develop a talent acquisition strategy. He/She will also work with operations to develop a strong employee experience and increase employee engagement. The HR Manager will review HR processes and procedures and will develop programs that are aligned to the business needs.
- Lead the Human Resources function to create and foster a productive and positive work environment where employees feel valued, challenged and rewarded for their work, and that will enhance employee and customer relations to support organizational growth.
- Collaborate with store operations and senior management on employee relations, addressing concerns and issues in a proactive and positive manner, creating a work environment that support the company's goal to attract, motivate and retain a high-performing diverse workforce.
- Develop and maintain employer brand and image.
- Act as advisor to functional leaders in providing HR guidance as needed.
- Coordinate employee surveys and assessments as necessary, assess data and provide functional leaders with recommendations based on HR best practices.
- Manage the hiring process to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and policy.
- Lead and manage onboarding as well as training & development functions for the organisation.
- Create and deliver development and learning programs for management and associate staff that enhances job skills and training.
- Design and implement policies and procedures on staffing and workforce management to optimize productivity and customer service.
- Work with store management team to identify and develop talent to create alignment with succession plan.
- Manage career development based on employee’s skills, abilities and personal goals.
- Lead status/update calls with your respective site locations.
- Responsible for employee’s communication including Store Meetings, Town Halls and Breakroom communications.
- Ensure proper administration of benefits information including healthcare, Worker’s Compensation, etc.
- Manage relationship with relevant government authorities including Ministry of Labor Relations and Health and Safety authorities.
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.