Horizon Recruitment is conducting a search for a Director, Head of Operations for one of their clients based in Lakewood, New Jersey
The Director, Operations will be responsible for;
- Ensuring that the Company attains its growth and profit goals and KPIs.
- Oversees key areas of the manufacturing/supply chain process to ensure high-quality goods and services are provided to our customers on time and within cost objectives.
- Drives operational efficiencies and cost-effectiveness that optimize our people, processes, systems, and quality of our products to delight our customers, elevate the organization’s mission and objectives, while exceeding revenue targets and controlling operational costs.
- Manages a US team, as well as, closely coordinating with our global teams and suppliers.
- Provides direct oversight of the Purchasing, Planning, Logistics, Supply Chain, Quality and Warehouse functions, ensuring these departments operate smoothly and are on track to meet the company's Goals/KPIs.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Provides strategic direction and daily tactical support for the organization’s supply chain operations and manufacturing processes – this includes RFQs, planning, procurement, logistics and warehousing of materials, inventory control and distribution of high-quality finished goods.
- Ensures the accuracy and monitoring of demand forecasts and buying practices and regulating inventory levels accordingly (SIOP).
- Troubleshoots issues that can affect the supply chain; quickly applies best practices to respond to business challenges.
- Develops, coordinates and directs activities to ensure that effective procedures, processes, controls, initiatives, methods and practices are in place that creates higher ROI, workflow optimization, productivity and efficiencies while attaining growth and profit objectives throughout the company’s operations.
- Develops strategic plans to improve productivity, quality, and operational efficiency.
- Monitors sales forecasts to identify any effect on the supply chain, implementing waste reduction strategies and improving the efficiency of the overall supply chain.
- Develops strong vendor relationships in the Americas and negotiates with suppliers to minimize costs and ensures processes are in place to track vendor performance.
- Creates KPIs to measure business efficiencies, quality, and process improvements.
- Supports the sourcing of cost-effective and high-quality suppliers.
- Ensures the team contributes to our vision, mission, values, and strategic goals.
- Leads, guides, directs, coaches and evaluates the work of the team.
- Introduces improvements in relation to productivity and quality gains and the effective utilization of resources.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, operations, supply chain management, or another related field. Master’s in supply chain management or MBA desirable.
- 10+years of Operations experience at manufacturing companies
- 5 years of management experience
- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles, forecasting, and analyzing data and financial information required.
- Demonstrated results in driving best practices, improving productivity and profitability
- throughout operations with leading-edge management practices, innovative use of technology, cost reduction tactics and good investment decisions.
- Experience in LEAN methodologies is essential.
- The ability to manage people, build teams and communicate effectively.
- Track-record of success in motivating, inspiring, leading, coaching and developing teams.
*Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.