Horizon Recruitment has been engaged to identify a strong finance executive for a growing global manufacturing business. Our client is extremely well positioned to double and triple their current business and is garnering attention from a variety of investors as they have a great product line, pipeline of business and strong demand for their expertise. The Head of Finance will partner with the General Manager locally and the CEO and CFO internationally to provide financial management and overall direction in the areas of financial reporting, costing, industrial management control, planning, and financial procedures. This role includes management of the accounting and finance team (team of 4) and will direct general accounting, cost accounting, budgetary control and cash management in a contract work/job order manufacturing environment. The successful candidate will analyze business results in terms of costs, budgets, policies, trends and increasing profit opportunities and assure results are reported in due time and properly manner to holding company. Responsible for managing compliance and coordinating with CFO and external auditors. The Head of Finance will also play a critical role in developing and improve IT processes, policies and procedures, including implementation and conversion of computer systems (Dynamics AX to SAP). Finally, the Head of Finance will play a key role in leading growth initiatives including inventory analysis and integration activities
- Monitor and manage the day-to-day financial operations within the company, such as invoicing, cost records, treasury, and other transactions, overseeing financial department employees, including financial assistants and accountants
- Review financial data and prepare in-time weekly, monthly and annual financial reports in accordance to Group policies with performance analysis compared to Budget and latest forecasts.
- Cash Management: provide accurate and in time forecasts about cash flow on weekly basis and in-deep review each month in order to do not jeopardize operations due to cash shortfall
- Provide Bid and Commercial support through involvement and providing expertise in cost controlling and updates.
- Set up and follow up an industrial control system at plant level
- Oversee the budget process of the company along with other local managers in agreement with Group policies and prepare the relevant reports/documentation to Holding company
- Provide insightful information and expectations to local and Group managers to aid in long-term and short-term decision making
- Track the company’s financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvement seeking out methods for minimizing financial risk
- Promote a team-culture within the company oriented to meet budgeted/forecasted results and targets.
- Contract outside services for tax preparation, auditing, banking, investments, and other financial needs as necessary in agreement with Group policies and Group CFO
- Stay up to date with technological advances and accounting software to be used for financial purposes
- Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the company based on the Group policies
- Understand and adhere to financial regulations and legislation.-
- Execute special projects and analyses as required supporting Group CFO
- Professional accounting designation (CPA or equivalent credentials)
- Significant systems expertise including a strong understanding Microsoft Dynamic AX and/or SAP is preferred.
- Professional level competency in accounting principles and procedures, investment appraisals & evaluation of financial performance
- A balance of hands-on skills with the capability to operate a senior executive strategic level with internal and external stakeholders
- Organization and people management skills, leadership and communication skills
- Computer literate (technical and other)
- Must be a highly motivated “self starter” and a “quick learner”, Team player
- Knowledgeable in accounting principles and compliance techniques.
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.