Horizon Recruitment Inc. is conducting a search for a General Accountant to join our stable and growing client. We are looking for a highly motivated individual who enjoys working in a fast paced and complex environment. Any experience in distribution and/or manufacturing would be an advantage.
- Responsible for day to day full cycle accounting including period end closing
- Responsible for generating accurate, timely and well-supported monthly and yearly financial statements
- Support Operations with inventory reconciliations
- Review product standard costs, investigate materials, labour, and overhead variances
- Record monthly journal entries and provide GL reconciliations
- Prepare sales remittance tax in multiple tax jurisdictions in US and Canada
- Ensure the balance sheet is fully supported and record-keeping is maintained in good order
- Identify, resolve and/or implement changes related to accounting and control issues inherent in business processes
- Opportunity to work on various projects as they arise
- An accounting designation is preferred (CPA, CA, CGA, CMA) with 5+ years of experience.
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to balance multiple priorities in a growth oriented organization
- Self starter with ability to learn quickly
- Leadership abilities and great communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills and applies a creative approach to problem solving
**Only candidates who are eligible to work in Canada will be considered.**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.