Horizon Recruitment is seeking a General Accountant for our growing client based in the Fraser Valley. Reporting to the Controller, this person will step in to alleviate the growing workload as the company continues to grow. As you learn the organization, you will be continually challenged with new responsibilities as the Controller is pulled into other areas.
- Assists in the preparation of monthly and annual financial reports
- Assists in the full cycle accounting and month-end close process
- Maintains and update monthly account reconciliations
- Compiles daily & weekly flash reporting
- Assists with the preparation of the annual budget
- Records various transactions in the ERP system as required
- Acts as a back-up for AP & AR functions
- Produces and or supports ad hoc reporting and analysis when required.
- Assists and supports other finance functions as required.
- Balances payroll by auditing information, identifying and resolving discrepancies, and initiating journal entries.
- An accounting designation (CPA, CA, CGA, CMA) or in later stages of achieving it
- 3 to 5 years of progressive experience including full-cycle accounting and ideally payroll
- Ability to analyze complex business situations and summarize key issues
- Must be a team player and effective communicator with good interpersonal skills
- Not afraid to bring forth innovative ideas and be a champion of best practices
- Well organized, structured, and efficient
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.