Horizon Recruitment Inc. is currently seeking a Freight and Logistics Specialist to join our client's operations team. Reporting to the VP, you will handle all inbound and outbound shipments including shipping documentation and logistics & warehousing contracts. You will manage a complex network of carriers and 3PL relationships to ensure timely and cost effective distribution to clients across Canada..
- Manage review process for all existing transportation and warehousing vendors
- Negotiate and manage logistics, distribution, and warehousing contracts for a national operation with a broad variety of clients
- Manage freight contracts and vendor relationships for Bulk, rail, TL / LTL shipments
- Manage carrier information and agreements in ERP system (SAP)
- Expedite order ready dates and supplier documentation
- Liaise with purchasing and 3PL vendors to ensure constant supply of materials / finished goods at competitive rates
- Liaise and build relationships with suppliers and vendors (internal and external)
- Arrange consolidated shipments and/or warehousing as per client requirements
- Create and review logistics and warehousing KPIs
- Manage ongoing budget / cost analysis for department
- Post-secondary education related to Logistics, Supply Chain or International Freight Forwarding (CiTT, PLog etc)
- APICS Certification preferred
- 10 years of work experience handling domestic shipping at a freight forwarder, manufacturer or distribution operation.
- Experience with dangerous goods shipment legislation / requirements
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent English skills, both written and verbal
- Basic knowledge of other large ERP systems. SAP experience is an asset
- Organized, meticulous, punctual and reliable even in stressful and deadline driven situations
- Analytical skills, problem solving abilities and creative thinking
**Only candidates who are eligible to work in Canada will be considered.**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.