Horizon Recruitment Inc. is conducting the search for a Senior, experienced candidate to join our clients Fleet Services department as the Fleet Director. The position will lead the Fleet Asset Management team with strategic planning for maintenance, replacement schedules, and shipments of a large and diverse fleet of vehicles and mobile equipment.
- Leading the development of and execution planning of Asset Management strategic plan to ensure high performance and efficient costs
- Strategic planning through collaboration with stakeholder groups
- Review existing asset planning model to optimize utilization, plan for growth requirements and review existing vendor contract terms
- Maintaining, scheduling and tracking fleet asset use
- Update asset life-cycles and vehicle / equipment specifications
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement and implementation of best practices within the fleet and asset management group.
- Minimal travel to sites across the country (10-15% travel)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field considered a strong asset
- 3+ years’ experience working within a large, complex organization with diverse fleet resources
- Project management experience is considered an asset
- Demonstrated experience developing fleet/asset management plans
- Ability to develop and grow relationships in a diverse team
- Strong analytical, negotiation and communications skills
- Strong Excel and data management skills
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.