Horizon Recruitment Inc. is conducting the search for a consultant to join our clients Fleet Services department as a Fleet Asset Management Specialist. The position will support the Fleet Asset Management team with strategic planning for maintenance and replacement schedules of a large and diverse fleet of vehicles and mobile equipment.
Initially a 6-month contract term the role may grow through contract extensions or potential permanent opportunities.
- Leading the development of and execution planning of Asset Management strategic plan to ensure high performance and efficient costs
- Strategic planning through collaboration with stakeholder groups
- Review existing asset planning model to optimize utilization, plan for growth requirements and review existing vendor contract terms
- Update asset life-cycles and vehicle / equipment specifications
- Support the development of long range capital plans including procurement and contracting strategy for equipment acquisitions and maintenance services.
- Prepare rolling 3, 5, and 10 year capital forecasts
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement and implementation of best practices within the fleet and asset management group.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field (Business Administration, Accounting, Automotive Technology)
- A Professional Engineer and / or PMP designation is an asset
- 7-10 years’ experience working within a large, complex organization with diverse fleet resources
- Project management experience
- Demonstrated experience developing fleet / asset management plans
- Ability to develop and grow relationships in a diverse team
- Strong analytical, negotiation and communications skills
- Ability to lead change management initiatives
- Strong Excel and data management skills
- Business case preparation and presentation skills.
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.