Horizon Recruitment is working with a client public listed national company who are looking for a Financial Reporting Specialist to join their high performing team, headquartered in Calgary. This person will be a key member of the team responsible for the preparations of high quality external disclosure documents and MD&A under US GAAP. They will work on monthly consolidations as well as deal with highly complex accounting topics. The ideal candidate will be results driven with a desire to learn the business and ultimately expand beyond reporting into other parts of the organization. The team is passionate about efficiency and is hard working but also knows how to relax and have fun.
- Plan the detailed reporting activities, with a focus on the MD&A, on a recurring basis in order to support rapid and accurate execution;
- Coordinate execution of the plan with the multiple internal stakeholders that provide information into the reporting process or require its output;
- Preparation of certain sections of the quarterly MD&A disclosures, including Non-GAAP measures;
- Prepare other external disclosures as required by other internal stakeholders including Investor Relations and Sales & Marketing;
- Assess reporting implications of significant financial transactions and draft related disclosures;
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to identify, analyze and reconcile financial information for appropriate accounting treatment;
- Ensure financial reporting is in compliance with U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP), Tax or securities regulation, as applicable;
- Ensure reporting process complies with applicable internal control (SOX) requirements;
- Address and respond to queries from auditors and internal reviewers;
- Identify and analyze possible improvements to the reporting process and implement selected solutions.
- Accounting (CPA) Designation;
- 3 to 5 years relevant experience required;
- Knowledge of US GAAP and securities regulation requirements, desirable;
- ERP/SAP expertise (desirable);
- Process Management Skills;
- Possess a strong attention to detail and accuracy;
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders;
- Ability to set and meet deadlines and work independently in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment (Alberta) Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm in Finance & Accounting