Horizon Recruitment Inc. is currently seeking a Financial Analyst for one of our large public sector clients based in the Fraser Valley. This organization offers an exceptional opportunity for someone coming straight from public practice or someone with some industry experience to step into a Financial Analyst role and contribute to valuable service delivery.
The Financial Analyst interacts will all levels of corporate staff, specifically assisting with FP&A for the business. You will be a key advisor and business partner to operational Managers, Directors and Executive Directors across the large and complex organization. As a member of the growing team, you will support the strategic decision making processes of the business unit you support. Working with operational managers and other finance professionals, you will perform variance analysis of actuals against budgeted and forecasted and you will help develop annual business plans and budgets and provide year-end financial reporting.
- Completion of an accounting designation is preferred (CPA, CA, CGA, CMA)
- Advisory experience in a public practice capacity is an asset - industry experience is a nice to have
- A strong understanding of financial planning processes, procedures and tools
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to act as trusted advisor and business partner to seasoned operational Directors etc
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment with good organizational ability
- Excellent relationship building and presentation abilities
- Proactive problem solver
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.