Horizon Recruitment has been engaged to identify a Financial Analyst for a well known educational institution located in Vancouver. This is a great role for someone with a combination of accounting and finance experience looking to build their business partnering skillset.
- Responsible for performing various accounting and analysis tasks in the VPFO, Financial Reporting department to support the consolidation and general accounting functions.
- Preparation of the organizations consolidation and various analyses to support the consolidated balances and presentation.
- Assist with the development of accounting policies and procedures in alignment with organization's policies and financial system.
- Work with the Financial Reporting team to improve existing processes to increase efficiency within the period end close.
- A recognized Accounting designation (CPA, CGA, CA or CMA) is required
- 2+ years of related experience post qualification
- 5+ years experience in accounting, auditing, financial reporting and analyses responsibilities, (preferably in a large/ complex organization or the public sector).
- Very strong spreadsheet (Excel) skills required
- Demonstrated ability to engage with many levels of management and financial personnel in an organization.
- Proven ability to prioritize and work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines.
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered***
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.