Horizon Recruitment has an immediate need for an Intermediate Accountant with an exciting organization in Surrey. As a part of a motivated accounting group you'll work with a team of individuals who are responsible for providing timely financial reporting to the executive team. You will perform monthly accounting processes with a variety of systems and processes. You will have accounting or finance related responsibilities that support a growing business while maintaining our reporting and service standards. This is a fantastic role to work in a well established accounting team with strong leadership and a very strong stable organization. The interview process will occur via video conference and onboarding will also be primarily remote. The accounting team will very likely be working from home for the remainder of the year.
- Completion of month-end balance sheet account reconciliations and other analyses.
- Completion of daily cash reconciliations.
- Preparation of draft of financial statements.
- Timely reporting and remittance of sales tax in various jurisdictions.
- Assisting in the preparation of working papers for audits.
- Responding to queries from our internal and external clients in a timely and professional manner.
- Responding to other ad-hoc queries and projects.
- Post-Secondary education in accounting and finance
- Pursuing CPA designation
- 3 years’ working experience in accounting role (cash, assets, liabilities, inter-company)
- Strong user of MS Office Suite, including Excel
- Experience with medium to large ERP systems
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to take direction and complete tasks independently with little monitoring
- Customer service disposition with a desire to learn and grow
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task
- High degree of accuracy and keen attention to detail
- Good technical, analytical, computer and database skills
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.