Horizon Recruitment has been engaged to recruit a skilled Finance Project Manager who will report to the Corporate Controller playing a key role on our clients Finance Team and will be responsible for managing various projects including the integration recent acquisitions. Additionally, this role will support operations accounting for the entire corporate group. The Finance Project Manager will, and closely with the entire Finance team to ensure timely distribution of financial results that enhance decision making abilities. Our client is an exceptional employer with a supportive culture and supportive of a hybrid work environment.
- Manage the integration of the finance function for a recent and planned acquisitions
- Liaising with the subsidiaries company’s finance team and being the central point of contact for all communications related to the finance function
- Communicating project status to finance leadership and ensuring leadership is informed on project status, applicable project risks, key milestones, and upcoming activities
- Developing mitigation strategies for any identified project risks
- Assisting with change management including identifying applicable stakeholder groups, developing change management strategies, developing communication plans, etc
- Project managing all aspects of the finance function integration across people (integration of teams, where applicable), processes (documenting current state processes, designing and implementing future state processes), and technology (working alongside IT to deploy SAP for the finance function to the target company)
- Attend internal integration meetings as finance representative
- Develop strategy and integration guide to refine the future process for new acquisitions
- Review and documentation of current processes through shadowing, interviewing staff and process mapping workshops.
- Documentation of any gaps between current internal processes and best in class processes
- Manage and identify general process redevelopment initiatives and lead agile teams through to successful completion of process improvements throughout all areas of finance and the business, including optimizing our ERP system SAP.
- Lead and present weekly short‐form training courses on leadership soft skills and technical
- Ideally will have or is pursuing professional accounting accreditation CPA
- Proven accounting experience in a large complex organization
- Project management experience on financial related projects – change management and/or transformation.
- Possesses strong written and spoken communication skills
- Are well organized and capable of working with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Previous experience with SAP or other tier 1 ERP systems is preferred.
The ideal candidate will be based in Vancouver or Toronto, although the role will be based out of the Vancouver office. This is a hybrid role – you’ll have the flexibility to work a mix of offsite and onsite. In this role, travel will be required approximately 10-15% of the time.
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain