Horizon Recruitment has been engaged to recruit an Executive Assistant to support our client’s Legal team and Board of Directors. This is a full-time, permanent position will report to the VP, Legal and work with many senior level stakeholders internal and external to our client’s team. This role would suit an individual with prior experience supporting the C-Suite, Board of Directors of a public company or Senior Legal Executives.
- The successful candidate will work as part of the Legal team, under the direction of a Head of Legal. Day to day activities will include:
- Drafting of documents for the Company’s various legal entities, including meeting minutes, reports, resolutions, by-laws, and other related materials, and maintaining the Company’s minute book.
- Disseminating news releases.
- Organizing Board of Director meetings.
- Preparing correspondence to the Toronto Stock Exchange.
- Assisting in the preparation and filing of continuous disclosure documents.
- Acting as the point of contact with various service providers to the Company’s Legal and Finance teams.
- Acting as the Company’s subject matter expert on the System for Electronic Document Analysis and Retrieval ("SEDAR") and serving as the primary administrator of SEDAR filings.
- Acting as the Company’s subject matter expert on the System for Electronic Disclosure by Insiders ("SEDI") and serving as the primary administrator of SEDI filings.
- Other duties and responsibilities as required.
- A university degree in a relevant field from an accredited institution is strongly preferred. Alternatively, a combination of relevant experience, specialized training, and/or certifications may also be considered.
- Knowledgeable, experienced, and skilled in legal administration in business and securities.
- Proven ability to stay informed of industry trends and innovations, translating knowledge into added value for the Company.
- Proactive in investigating and adopting new technologies.
- Team player with the ability to create and foster positive relationships through multiple teams.
- Effective communication skills, exceptional written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels in the organization.
- Exceptional attention to details and accuracy.
- Flexibility to respond to urgent requests when required.
- Be customer focused, learn about the business to help bring value to our customers.
- Team focused with a positive attitude, must be self-motivated, and have very good time management and communication skills both in written and verbal English.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as an Executive Assistant, or a similar role required.
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.