Horizon Recruitment has an immediate need for a Document Control Specialist that will support the Capital Projects and Operations team of our large enterprise client with a slate of projects for 2023. This 1-year contract opportunity requires a Document Control Specialist who will join a close-knit growing team to support some exciting growth targets of our diverse customer. The project team is an energized group with a keen eye for detail and communication style to ensure the group is actively supported.
Performing document control activities including the oversite of controlled processes and practices for the creation, review, modification, issuance, distribution and accessibility of documents. This role will also oversee the security, revision control, review, approval, submission, quality assurance and publishing. Documents need to be reviewed and updated to ensure the content is accurate and made available in a timely manner. If changes are made to documents, it is imperative that the changes are identified and communicated to anyone that uses those documents. New and changed documents need to be published in a manner that they are available to those that require them. In this role you will be responsible for:
- Execution of document processes (i.e. request forms, authorization, document signatures, document status, etc.) and application of standards and rules in the Document Control & Document Management Process
- Responsibilities include managing all in-house documents and drawings, develop and optimize document and drawing control processes and procedures.
- QC and compliance validating. Log, route and/or expedite drawings, collect technical documents. Manage the numbering, revisioning and document requests including concurrent revisioning on multiple projects.
- Primary administrator of Aconex: managing access, creating new Projects, liaise with vendor.
- Monitoring and adjustments within Aconex (consistent and accurate metadata, naming conventions, etc.)
- Review and examination of documents to verify completeness and ensure that satisfactory quality control measures were followed.
- Confer with document originators or engineering liaison personnel to resolve discrepancies and compile required changes to documents - post changes to computerized or manual control records, release documents, and notify affected personnel.
- Rendering documents to PDF format and ensuring scanned documents are text readable.
- Publishing governance documents within SharePoint
- 3 - 7 years experience in a large corporate or project delivery setting
- Excellent communication skills to operate in a fast-paced engineering environment with frequent needs to expedite processes in a professional manner
- Proficiency streamlining document control processes and systems
- Excellent communication skills to drive change and coach internal stakeholders through new process requirements
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Engineering or related field is strongly preferred
- Experience working with Aconex preferred
**Only candidates who are eligible to work in Canada will be considered.**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.