Horizon Recruitment is working with a growing organization to identify their next Director of Supply Chain. This position is responsible for procurement, contract management, logistics and quality management teams and will be required to bring a high level of leadership and transformation to this growing operation. The role will be required to develop strategic plans for the Supply Chain function and create policy and processes to ensure continued success through this rapid phase of growth.
The successful candidate will be a seasoned Supply Chain Director with strong experience in procurement, logistics, project management, and QMS/lean-continuous improvement concepts .
- Manage project services team, ensuring procurement and contract management teams operate at a high level.
- Support QMS / Lean teams to manage change and operational excellence.
- Driving strategic bill of material reviews and logistics requirements
- Manage key outsourced manufacturing and engineering vendors.
- Select and implement technology for the supply chain
- Report performance against forecast to executives
- Create and report on KPI's
- Analyze and develop metrics to track project progress
- Manage/ mentor the team
- 10+ years in a similar leadership role with a fast paced, project oriented organization
- A Bachelors degree in business or a related field
- Experience building a Supply Chain from ground up
- A strong vendor management background
- Must be able to create complex strategies and supply/demand forecasts
- Develop new models for different aspects within procurement and supply chain
- Analytical with good problem solving skills
- Experience in planning
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to adapt in changing environments
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.