Horizon Recruitment Inc. has partnered with a well known and growing organization in the Construction sector to identify a Director of Operations. This role requires a candidate with strong project management experience and someone able to manage a large portfolio construction projects. You will manage extensive communications with internal and external customers in a very high volume and complex environment.
- Administer and lead all aspects of project operations including weekly management reporting, project budgets, and controls.
- Develop project charter, plans, and objectives to ensure the success of each project.
- Advise and guide internal stakeholders on project barriers and make recommendations to enhance efficiency and mitigate risks
- Make any necessary arrangements with sub-trades and suppliers who do not meet established quality and productivity standards.
- Participate in the budget of each project and make sure to follow up and explain the results compared to the objectives and to prepare action plans necessary to improve the results/correct the issues
- Provide open and proactive management of a large workforce, both in a unionized and non-union context.
- Implementation of new procedures to support strong growth and Responsible of the applications of the procedures
- Must have a pragmatic and diplomatic approach to managing people through change management and projects
- Capable of reading and interpreting various construction related drawings and documents
- Strong communication skills both written and verbally
- Minimum of 10 years of construction experience
- Minimum 5 years' experience as a Project Manager within the construction industry
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.