Horizon Recruitment is working with a local food distribution company to find a new Director of Finance who will be responsible for financial strategy, financial planning and analysis, financial reports, company audits, compliance, and risk management. They will collaborate with the executive team to make decisions regarding company's financial strategy and operations. The appointee will be a forward-thinking strategic executive who can act as a partner to the President. They will be the key architect to the company’s Finance business processes, systems, and control processes to drive and support the company continuing growth.
- Directly manages budgeting, financing, and forecasting.
- Lead on Project Fusion for Finance, collaborating with Senior Management Group on technology decisions
- Evaluates the companies finance operations and workflows and optimizes the work processes and resources.
- Oversees reporting, performance management, internal controls, and tax planning.
- Oversees financial systems implementations and upgrades
- Provides leadership in fiscal management to enable achievement of the company’s priorities while remaining fiscally responsible and taking a long term strategic financial view.
- Supervise risk and insurance management
- Establishes and oversees implementation of short- and long-range finance goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring that all financial entities are functioning within the financial risk framework and that they are in compliance with all relevant limits and regulatory requirements.
- 10+ years of senior finance leadership experience
- Professional Accounting designation- CPA
- Demonstrated success in leading the finance functions in growing companies gained ideally in food distribution and warehousing sectors
- Experience leading Finance teams in a multi-entity, multi-site, and North American setting
- Demonstrated experience in taxation strategies and tax planning
- A reputation for being a trusted financial advisor who fosters teamwork, collaboration, and progressive change
- Extensive knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, long-range planning, and financial analysis
- Strong business acumen and a sophisticated and entrepreneurial style
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.