Horizon Recruitment has an immediate requirement for a senior strategic financial leader for one of our long-time Vancouver based clients. We are conducting a search for a Director, Financial Strategy & Planning. The Director will lead the development, planning and overall financial operating budget for our client including multi-year financial plans. The Director will also oversee financial planning teams across multiple locations. This role will challenge an accomplished leader to provide insight to the executive team regarding the financial status of the organization while, at the same time, providing guidance to a sizable team of Managers and Analysts ensuring targets are met and a collaborative environment is in place. This role requires a systems thinker who can see the big picture and provide strategic insight to a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Provide leadership to a team of 20 supporting strategic projects and initiatives, oversee the organizations financial performance management initiatives, and represent the finance team at divisional planning meetings
- Plan, implement and evaluate resources in support of the strategic and operational needs of the organization, informing the development of the strategies and goals to ensure the optimum delivery of appropriate financial services.
- Work closely with senior executive leaders internal to the organization and external leaders to understand directives, and support in policy revision and development.
- Represent the organization and its entities’ interests in discussions and/or negotiations with external organizations.
- Develop plans and strategies to organize and reimagine work to accomplish efficiencies across teams and systems.
- Professional financial accreditation (CPA, CFA and/or MBA)
- 5 + years experience in a large complex organization in a senior management role with a team of at least 10.
- Exceptional communication skills and executive presence
- Well developed business & financial acumen
- Very knowledgeable with financial planning tools. Skilled with developing effective reporting tools to be able to ensure accurate and regular information to the organization.
- Collaborative, creative, and possesses a mindset of growth.
- Operates with integrity, transparency, resilience, and desire to develop others.
- Respectful and empathetic; always looks for solutions to be able to move initiatives forward.
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.