Horizon Recruitment has been retained by our client, a significant not for profit organization, to recruit a Director, Finance. The Director, Finance works closely with the Managing Director maintaining the foundations, and related entities’, financial health while managing administrative affairs. This position reports directly to the Managing Director.
Our client forges partnerships with international organizations that share a commitment to ensuring supporting stakeholders mobilize local economic opportunities and benefit surrounding communities. Our client addresses pressing Environmental and Social Governance (ESG) topics enabling the organization to effectively respond to emerging trends within the industry which elevates ESG performance.
- Prepare and maintain the annual projects and organizational budgets and forecasts by working with various project managers and Senior Leadership Team throughout the year
- Lead, supervise, and mentor Finance Team (Sr. Accountant and AP clerk)
- Manage annual financial and ad-hoc compliance audits
- Review internal control processes and analyze program and operational requirements to improve accounting related procedures and control environment throughout the organization
- Review, prepare, and present monthly and ad hoc reports to Executive Director and project managers, Audit Committee and Board of Directors
- Develop and produce accessible and easy-to-understand financial updates to project managers, when necessary
- Manage, analyze and review budget variances with Managing Director and project managers on a regular basis to identify and implement programming and operational changes and to coordinate any necessary accounting adjustments
- Analyze all funding and contracts/contributions to ensure complete and accurate implementation of the terms of funding; the appropriate tracking of all eligible expenses; and the accurate and timely preparation of external financial documents required in various funding projects
- Develop IT strategy and manage IT infrastructure and needs with external IT consultants
- Manage all aspects of staff on and offboarding, payroll, and benefits
- Manage all aspects of regulatory compliance in operating jurisdictions
- Manage all aspects of treasury and corporate risk activities
- Actively participate in managing investment portfolio
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role, with at least 2 of those in a non-profit setting and related professional designation (CPA, ACCA). Experience/knowledge in Canadian charity is highly desirable
- Significant foreign currency transaction experience and non-Canadian dollar reporting experience
- Experience in investment valuation is highly desirable
- Ability to integrate multi-faceted information into accessible financial reports communication financial information to audience from non-financial backgrounds
- Proven experience leading and/or influencing financial decision making after reviewing and analyzing options
- Flexibility, tolerance for ambiguity and time-driven deadlines, and ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities
- Demonstrated success evaluating, developing, and implementing financial controls and systems
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Office 365, Slack, SharePoint, Outlook, MS Word, Excel) and experience with Microsoft Dynamics is an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to details
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance and Supply Chain.
To APPLY and view similar postings please visit “Your Career” at www.horizonrecruit.com.