Horizon Recruitment Inc. is conducting a search for a Director of Finance to work with our Vancouver based client. This position will oversee a team of staff managing the finance function for a rapidly growing operation. The Director will lead the day-to-day Accounting team, support strategic projects that align with the organizations growth targets, and will be required to assess and implement current accounting processes and controls.
- Present financial period end results to management, highlighting areas of concerns and action plans.
- Responsible for all accounting, financial reporting and operational data analysis activities including intercompany effects with other entities.
- Establish the strategic direction of the operations and manage day to day reporting activities
- Drive process improvement initiatives across the existing business and identify opportunities to improve efficiencies operationally and financially
- Build strong working relationships with operational leadership and employees to better understand where value added projects can be initiated
- Lead and mentor a team of 10+ people
- Monitor financial performance and targets by establishing and maintaining clear internal key performance metrics
- A professional accounting designation and qualifications (CPA, CA, CMA, CGA) along with at least 5 years of senior leadership experience
- Hands on, roll up the sleeves professional with a demonstrated track record of success in a similar role in a public company (ideally in manufacturing or distribution).
- Big picture business partner with a demonstrated track record of success in a similar role
- Ensure costing models are current and accurate, and continuously improved.
- Manage working capital requirements and targets by establishing and maintaining clear internal key performance metrics.
- Strong business process and business strategy experience coupled with experience in manufacturing, distribution and operations a plus
- Leadership mentality with the drive to grow, adapt and execute bold plans
- An open and articulate communicator with strong analysis, presentation and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills to work cross-functionally throughout the organization
- Proven strategic thinking ability to apply a “bottom line”, results-oriented approach
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain