Horizon Recruitment is conducting a search for an experienced Demand Planner to join an established fortune 100 manufacturing and distribution company. The Demand Planner will create and execute demand plans using sales and operations targets to ensure manufacturing partners meet required service levels and delivery deadlines. The Demand Planner will liaise with Sales and operations, marketing and customer service teams to plan long lead time raw materials, ensuring production levels match sales targets, and optimum inventory levels are achieved.
- Develop and maintain the sales forecasts.
- Coordinate cross-functional research to reconcile variances and refine the forecast model.
- Develop the master production schedules for multiple plants across North and Central America.
- Work with the sales team to continuously improve and tweak projections.
- Measure the forecast accuracy vs confirmed orders and make necessary adjustments.
- Develop and implement continuous improvement practices
- Work with management to enhance business processes and identify opportunities for improvement
- Responsible for the development and implementation of the master production schedule.
- Manage the forecast for long lead time raw materials to ensure manufacturing partners deliver finished product by delivery dates
- Develop manufacturing plans from the master production schedule, adjusting and controlling it to meet the sales forecast.
- Maintain a good understanding of production capacity and make suggestions for improvement.
- Lead monthly sales and operations meetings.
- 3+yrs experience in a planning or scheduling role within an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of key inventory performance metrics, margin contributions, turns, Min/Max etc
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing or six sigma
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, in particular MS Excel
- Excellent English communication skills (written and spoken)
- Ability to speak Spanish considered an asset
- Must be able to communicate and work with colleagues and managers at all levels within the organization.
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.