Horizon Recruitment is conducting a search for a Demand Planner to join a manufacturing client for a 3 month contract assignment. The Demand Planner will execute demand plans using sales and operations targets to ensure manufacturing partners meet required service levels and delivery deadlines. The Demand Planner will liaise with Sales and operations, marketing and customer service teams to plan long lead time raw materials, ensuring production levels match sales targets, and optimum inventory levels are achieved.
- Maintain sales and production forecasts.
- Coordinate cross-functional research to reconcile variances and refine the forecast model.
- Order and manage inventory according to factory requirements
- Measure the forecast accuracy vs confirmed orders and make necessary adjustments.
- Manage the forecast for long lead time raw materials to ensure manufacturing partners deliver finished product by delivery dates
- Maintain a good understanding of production capacity and make suggestions for improvement.
- 3+yrs experience in a planning or scheduling role within a manufacturing environment.
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of key inventory performance metrics, margin contributions, turns, Min/Max etc
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing or six sigma
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Excellent English communication skills (written and spoken)
- Must be able to communicate and work with colleagues and managers at all levels within the organization.
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain