Horizon Recruitment is conducting a search for a Demand Planner / Production Scheduler to join our growing manufacturing client based in the Fraser Valley. The Demand Planner will create and execute demand plans ensuring manufacturing has required resource plans to meet sales and operations required service levels. The Demand Planner will lead Sales and operations planning meetings, collaborating with Supply chain, Marketing and Customer service teams to ensure sales, service and inventory targets are achieved.
- Develop and maintain the sales forecasts.
- Coordinate cross-functional research to reconcile variances and refine the forecast model.
- Work with the sales team to continuously improve and tweak projections.
- Measure the forecast accuracy vs booked orders and make necessary adjustments.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of the master production schedule.
- Develop manufacturing plans from the master production schedule, adjusting and controlling it to meet the forecast.
- Maintain a good understanding of production capacity and make suggestions for improvement.
- Lead monthly sales and operations meetings.
- Maintain materials management software and prepare for implementation of large ERP/MRP system
- 3 - 5yrs experience in a planning or scheduling role within a manufacturing environment.
- APICS Certification preferred
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of key inventory performance metrics, margin contributions, turns, Min/Max etc
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing or six sigma
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, in particular MS Excel
- Excellent English communication skills (written and spoken)
- Must be able to communicate and work with colleagues and managers at all levels within the organization.
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.