Horizon Recruitment Inc. is looking for a Customs and Logistics Analyst to take up a full time position with our Vancouver based client. The role will manage a complex portfolio of import logistics, customs relationships and material expediting for a large manufacturing operation with tight timelines.
- Act as subject matter expert on all aspects of import procedures ensuring compliance across all inbound materials and equipment from international vendors.
- Assist with audits and regulatory compliance activities on a regular basis.
- Responsible for import documentation, INCO terms and complex compliance scenarios.
- Responsible for development of control and compliance process and procedure in line with evolving export and defense trade laws and regulations.
- Manage customs and brokerage relationships
- Expedite shipments and delivery dates
- Manage reporting KPI's for department including Inventory accuracy, On time delivery and general Business intelligence reporting
- Degree level education or appropriate qualifications ideally with a focus on trade, logistics, engineering or manufacturing.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in working within industry responsible for customs process with thorough knowledge of import regulations.
- Full working knowledge of North American ITAR, EAR and Controlled Goods Regulations.
- Strong analytical thinking and dynamic interpersonal skills, able to manage expectations appropriately across the business.
- Task and detail orientated with exceptional time-management skills.
- Solid technical communication skills both written and verbal.
- Enjoys managing multiple projects concurrently.
- Proven experience of assimilating complex business and technical details quickly.
- Able to obtain, or current holder, of relevant Canadian security clearance.
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.