Horizon Recruitment Inc is working with a client located North of the GTA who is seeking a Cost Estimating Supervisor from the Automotive/Industrial Sector.
• Evaluate customer requests for quote manufacturing feasibility, determine part and tooling costs
• Must have Progressive and Auto transfer Die Knowledge
• Must be able to work with sales and engineering team
• Ability to provide detail tooling cost
• Read, review and approve blueprints and technical documents in order to prepare estimates
• Ability to read and interpret technical drawings and data
• Must be proficient in GD&T
• Use computer software to calculate estimates (including CAD software)
• Collaborate with engineers, customers, and contractors on estimates
• Identify and quantify cost factors, such as production time, materials and labour expenses
• Prepares blank layout of part, determining best material utilization, type and cost of material required and establishing tonnage of press required to produce part.
• Estimates number of parts produced per hour, based on method plan and press selection.
• Compiles die details into Tooling calculator to determine appropriate die costing to be used in quotation
• University Degree or College Diploma in the Engineering field or equivalent job-related experience
• Minimum 5 years experience as Tool & Die Maker and/ or stamping die design experience
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in the automotive industry metal stamping die build concepts.
• Existing experience estimating costs of dies, fixtures and modular assemblies
• Must have a Die Design Background
• Must have experience with commodity (metal stamped parts)
• Must have experience using CAD software’s: Catia or Visio
• Sound working knowledge of production equipment and the manufacturing processes for welding, riveting and automation
• Sound understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing, TS 16949 and ISO 14001 requirements
• Excellent blue-print reading ability
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.