Horizon Recruitment has an immediate need for a Cost Control Specialist for a permanent position with one of our large lower mainland clients. Our client is a leader in their field and is seeking a dynamic individual with a large company background.
As the Cost Control specialist you will be responsible for the evaluation and due diligence associated with capital projects. Working as part of the construction Decision Support Team, you will act as a resource for various project management teams and provide both financial evaluation and business case development expertise. You will contribute to the development and implementation of cost control Policies, procedures and tools. As the ideal candidate you will be well versed in providing analytical evaluation methodologies and will have experience assessing significant capital projects.
- Project experience within the construction industry, ideally within Finance, Project Controls or Cost Control
- Bachelors degree in business, finance, economics or engineering, as well as other post-graduate financial designation qualification (e.g. P.Eng, MBA, CFA, CA , CGA, CMA, etc)
- Demonstrated experience in financial evaluation modeling and techniques (including expertise in Excel)
- Experience with Earned Value Management
- Understanding of construction schedules and associated risks
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the operations, business decision and finance processes of a large, complex organization
- Excellent leadership, relationship management, and interpersonal skills for working in a large organization with cross-departmental functions and responsibilities
- Very strong business writing and oral communication skills
- Excellent time management, organization, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Ability to review capital project business case submissions, assess the business and operational implications, and evaluate the soundness and strength of the business case’s presentation, justification and recommendation
- Professionalism to take on responsibility and accountability for the quality and timeliness of deliverables
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered***
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.