Horizon Recruitment Inc. has an immediate need for a Cost Accountant with our growing lower-mainland client. Our client is an industry leader and this is an exciting opportunity to be a part of an ethical and sustainable focused organization with great company culture.
Reporting to the Controller, the Cost Accountant will be responsible for analyzing and communicating the financial impact of the manufacturing process; your ability to build relationships and translate financial information to the manufacturing floor will be a key to your success. You require a leadership mentality and the ability to educate and create buy-in related to costs and labour on the shop floor. You will provide financial perspective to operations and will help with process improvements and recommendations. You will contribute to month end and year-end financial statements and will analyze variances and the impact of changes to costs. You will update the bill of materials as new products evolve and will combine a solid accounting background with strong analytical skills.
- A professional accounting designation (CPA, CGA or CMA), or advanced CGA/CMA students with 5+ years of accounting experience
- Strong experience in a cost accounting role with preference for manufacturing or food production
- Experience with large ERP systems is an asset
- Strong communication skills and ability to build relationships between accounting and manufacturing
- Leadership qualities and ability to educate operational team on financial impact of their actions.
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.