Horizon Recruitment has an opportunity for a great career move - our client offers an exceptional supportive corporate culture, great leadership and engaging work in a large private company setting. Partnering with the Corporate Controller the Corporate Tax Lead will play a key role in tax planning and provisioning processes, this role will also provide daily operations and cash flow forecasting in Canada and the USA. You will have one direct report who is our taxation payments administrator who facilitates all monthly and quarterly tax payments in Canada and USA for corporate, sales in use, and property taxes.
The Corporate Tax Lead will also work closely with the whole Finance team to ensure timely distribution of financial results that enhance decision making abilities for the Leadership team and shareholders of this privately-held operation. This role can be based in Calgary on a fully remote basis or based in Vancouver. If based in Vancouver and you would prefer to work from the office either full time or on a hybrid basis that is also an option!
- Canadian and USA Tax Reporting and Compliance
- Prepare full quarterly and annual tax provision calculations for Canada & US entities under IFRS
- Prepare estimated quarterly tax payments in USA
- Review monthly corporate tax payments for Canada
- Review monthly sales in use workpapers and remittances for Canada and USA
- Review annual property tax calculations
- Prepare and collate supporting work papers and data for Canada & USA corporate income tax returns to be prepared by external provider
- Detail review of externally prepared corporate income tax returns
- Management of and coordination with outside service providers
- Develop and prepare standard operating procedures for review and approval by management
- Prepare documentation for special projects, such as acquisitions, as necessary
- CPA designation with minimum 5+ years of experience in income tax operations, such as preparation/review of income tax compliance for a multinational organization
- Strong understanding current/deferred taxes, GAAP to tax adjustments, effective tax rate reconciliation, foreign local quarterly and annual tax provision calculation
- Strong proficiency with accounting principles, processes, and journal entries
- Strong accounting, analytical, financial modeling and research skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with daily huddles and 3 day month end closes.
- Previous experience in a big-four CPA /Accounting firm
- Previous experience with large multi-entity complex consolidations
- Previous experience with SAP and OneStream
- Demonstrated experience with identifying/leading process redevelopment initiatives.
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.