Horizon Recruitment is looking to add a Corporate Reporting Specialist, to join a high performing accounting team, headquartered in Calgary. The successful candidate will be a key member of the team responsible for the preparations of high-quality external disclosure documents and MD&A under US GAAP, working on monthly consolidations as well on some of the more highly complex accounting topics.
The ideal candidate will be a results driven Big 4 CPA with a desire to understand the business as a foundation to ultimately expand beyond reporting into other parts of the organization. The team is passionate about efficiency and is hard working but also knows how to relax and have fun.
- Plan detailed accounting and reporting activities on a recurring basis in order to support rapid and accurate execution;
- Coordinate activities with the multiple internal stakeholders that provide information into the accounting and reporting process or require its output;
- Perform journal entries and reconciliations;
- Prepare external financial disclosures;
- Prepare financial analysis on monthly and quarterly data;
- Assess and research implications of significant financial transactions;
- Identify, analyze and reconcile inconsistent information and recommend adjustments where necessary;
- Ensure compliance with U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP), Tax or securities regulation, as applicable;
- Ensure accounting and reporting processes comply with applicable internal control (SOX) requirements;
- Liaise with Financial Planning to facilitate forecast preparation and monitoring;
- Address and respond to queries from auditors and internal reviewers;
- Identify and analyze improvements to processes and implement selected solutions.
- Accounting (CPA) Designation;
- 3 to 5 years relevant Big 4 Accounting/audit experience;
- Knowledge of US GAAP requirements, desirable;
- ERP/SAP expertise (desirable);
- Application Expertise (desirable): BPC, Excel, Workiva, Blackline;
- Process Management Skills;
- Possess a strong attention to detail and accuracy;
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders;
- Ability to set and meet deadlines and work independently in a fast-paced environment;
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered***
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.