On March 4th, 2019 Red Recruitment was acquired by Horizon Recruitment. Orange is the new Red! To learn more about the acquisition visit: https://www.horizonrecruit.com/calgary-acquisition and watch the video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLFHryvUyq4
Horizon Recruitment is currently seeking Corporate Controllers for opportunities in Calgary and across Alberta. With future positions at the intermediate and senior levels, we welcome all candidates who may be interested in learning more about the various opportunities to apply.
- Oversee general accounting, tax, financial reporting, accounts payable and inventory control for the entire company
- Actively manage direct reports, consisting of managers and independent contributors. Guide and mentor team in resolving issues, achieving goals and developing their careers.
- Oversee month-end close process and review monthly financial statements.
- Review weekly/monthly management reports before issuance for accuracy, completeness, and consistency.
- Oversee implementation of IT system changes including an upgrade of ERP system.
- Protect company assets by establishing, monitoring, and ensuring “best practices” system of internal controls.
- Monitor, review, update and manage appropriate accounting policies and procedures.
- Provide guidance for senior management through timely and relevant strategic, financial and “ad hoc" analysis including trend analysis, inventories, etc.
- Support initiatives and be the liaison for the accounting group with other departments, including IT, warehousing/logistics operations, buying, human resources, payroll, treasury, and real estate.
- Oversee compliance with federal and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Oversee, analyze and manage inventory controls, including expanding and improving cost accounting processes.
- Analyze and review contracts and leases with supporting risk assessment analysis and participate in negotiations when appropriate.
- Maintain and elevate accounting department job results by coaching, monitoring and developing employees.
- Maintain knowledge of technical best practices by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications and trade journals, and maintaining appropriate professional networks.
- Understand and embrace the operating complexities of the business and provide guidance to management by proactively communicating information that helps facilitate decision-making.
- University degree in Accounting or related field required.
- 10 + years of accounting experience required with hands-on AP, inventory, financial reporting, and systems experience.
- Minimum of five years progressive management experience required; management of staff preferred.
- Experience interfacing with senior management, outside auditors and external consultants.
- Large company and/or distribution experience preferred.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Internal controls and experience with risk assessments are required.
- Experience with inventory and trends management.
- CPA and public accounting experience strongly preferred.
- Experienced in risk, operations, contract, strategic and acquisitions analysis.
- SAP and/or large scale systems conversion experience is a plus.
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.