Horizon Recruitment Inc. has been retained by an innovative company within the Lithium mining and processing market to recruit a Corporate Controller. Our client has operations across Canada including mining assets in Ontario and they are building a chemical plant in Europe, becoming a fully-integrated producer of battery-grade Lithium Hydroxide and a strategic partner for the electric vehicle and battery storage industries. The Corporate Controller will join a high quality management team that will lead the company through an exciting time in the companies development as several macro economic factors coalesce to position the company to take a clear leadership position in a global market. If you have experience on large scale capital projects, have lead regulatory complex initiatives and have solid public company reporting experience then this could be a fantastic career opportunity!
Here are some of the items the successful candidate will be responsible for and have as a part of their experience and exposure.
- Leading quarterly and annual disclosures processes including international consolidations and reporting.
- Develop and implement of financial and operational strategies that serve diverse lines of business across different industrial sectors and multiple locations
- Ensure approach to financial reporting, tax and management adhere to best-in-class practices, systems, controls and financial disclosures
- Overseeing and guiding budgeting processes related to strategic corporate initiatives.
- Leading and managing financial control and budgeting of outsourced agreements including relationships with engineering firms.
- Advise executive team on best corporate financing structures for current and future state.
- Overseeing tax and tax planning
- Professional accounting credentials (CPA)
- 5 - 10 years of senior executive leadership experience in high growth, fast paced industry ideally in a capitally intensive environment.
- Proven experience in the engineering, mining or energy industries.
- Experience managing the reporting and disclosure requirements of a publicly traded company (ideally TSX traded).
- Flexibility to travel 25% and attend meeting in various time zones (international experience is desirable).
- Understanding of advanced accounting, regulatory issues, and tax planning.
- Experience with mergers and acquisitions and investor relations.
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.