Horizon Recruitment has been engaged to identify a Divisional Controller in a newly created role for our client, a fast growing technology company. The Divisional Controller will report directly to the VP, Finance and will be an instrumental player in the leadership and continued formation of a 7 person finance team. The Controller will be a proven performer capable of operating in a fast paced technology environment that includes the best of a start up along with established business stability that comes from a longstanding growing brand.
- further develop the existing accounting team while selecting additional members capable of achieving high performance
- drive financial reporting and all accounting processes and timelines for the senior leadership team
- assist in providing subject matter expertise to a technology team when required during product road mapping and feature capabilities
- Build continuous improvement structures, systems and processes through automation
- Oversee variance analysis on a monthly, quarterly, annual basis and recommend mitigation plans to address emerging issues
- Communicate financial and operating results at management meetings
- Flexible solutions oriented mindset to work through the myriad of challenges a startup type environment presents.
- CPA designation with 7 plus years experience in a fast growth business, software or SAAS experience a definite asset
- Experience implementing, creating and managing automated systems including point of sale
- Advance computer skills including ERP and MS Excel capability
- Experience with inter-company eliminations and consolidations
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.