Horizon Recruitment is conducting a search for a Corporate Controller for a fast growing retail business headquartered in the Lower Mainland. Our client has hundreds of retail locations across North America and manufactures a large portion of their sustainable and awesome product here in Vancouver!
- Lead and manage a large team including Accounting, Payroll, and Accounts Payable
- Provide oversight and review for all financial reporting and controls including consolidations and multi-divisional reporting
- Document processes and provide strategic analysis to implement process improvement across the business
- Help the business through rapid growth by integrating teams and processes and supporting the business with updated financial information to improve profitability and efficiencies
- A professional accounting designation (CA, CMA, CGA, CPA) with 10 years of experience in a senior management accounting role within a growing organization, preference to retail, manufacturing, distribution industries
- Experience leading, mentoring and managing staff across a variety of groups including Payroll, AP/AR, Tax, Treasury
- Experience in US taxation and reporting is ideal
- Proven strategic thinking ability to apply a “bottom line”, results-oriented approach
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing work environment
- Well developed sense of teamwork and the ability to turn talent into performance
- Assertive, yet diplomatic interpersonal skills
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.