Horizon Recruitment is seeking a Corporate Accountant for a great accounting team based in North Vancouver. This position is for a 1 year maternity coverage. Our client, in the construction and distribution space, is looking for a solid candidate with some AP, AR, reconciliations, and collections experience.
The Corporate Accountant will work closely with the Accounting Manager and will support the small accounting team with a focus on AP and AR. You will support financial reporting and have the opportunity to learn as you go. You will be responsible for the accurate and speedy journal entry, bank reconciliations and cash management process across the company. You will also be responsible for some collection calls as part of the Accounts Receivable function.
- A University degree with a specialization in Business, Commerce, Accounting or similar is preferred
- You may be pursuing the CPA or thinking about pursuing it in the future
- 1-2 years of AP/AR experience
- Experience with financial statement preparation and full cycle accounting would be an asset but can also be taught
- Excellent accuracy and ability to perform high volume journal entries
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills combined with an eagerness to learn and grow with an organization
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.