Horizon Recruitment has an immediate need for an Interim Corporate Accountant on a 1 year term with an exciting organization in Surrey. As a part of a motivated accounting group you'll work with a team of individuals who are responsible for providing timely financial reporting to the executive team. You will perform monthly accounting processes with a variety of systems and processes. You will have accounting or finance related responsibilities that support a growing business while maintaining our reporting and service standards. This is a fantastic role to work in a well established accounting team with strong leadership and a very strong stable organization. The interview process will occur via video conference and onboarding will also be primarily remote. The accounting team is currently working from home but the potential to a return to office will be required at some point in the duration of the engagement.
- Completion of month-end balance sheet account reconciliations and other analyses.
- Completion of daily cash reconciliations.
- Timely reporting and remittance of sales tax in various jurisdictions.
- Assisting in the preparation of working papers for audits.
- Responding to queries from our internal and external clients in a timely and professional manner.
- Responding to other ad-hoc queries and projects.
- Working towards professional accounting designation (CPA)
- Cash, asset, liabilities, inter-company reconciliations experience
- Strong user of MS Office in particular Excel
- Experience with an ERP system is desirable
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to take direction and complete tasks independently with little monitoring
- Customer service disposition with a desire to learn and grow
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task
- High degree of accuracy and keen attention to detail
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.